Thursday, October 27, 2011

Past months catch up!

Hey so I've been horrible at this, and I've got to admit I LOVE reading peoples blogs and when they don't update I get so bugged and think helloooo?! hahaha So with a little inspiration from a good friend Melissa from Hair School I decided to update!

Brett and I are doing extra fabulous! We have been married for almost 10 months, and I don't know how I ever lived without him! He is my best friend and I've learned so much from him already! It's been so rewarding learning how we work and how to make that mesh. Marriage is an adventure and I love it!

One thing we are so excited about is Brett started school! yahooo! He is with an online program through BYUI. It's called the Pathway program and it's new to BYUI. They are only doing it in certain areas. He is taking online classes but then every thursday night he meets at the institute building with people in his class, and they have a religion lesson and then they discuss there classes. He loves it and is getting an A+ so far! If he gets a B average he will be automatically transferred to BYU provo! He is majoring in Marketing. I got him a BYUI t-shirt and I was so excited that he had to throw me off and be a tease by not smiling in this photo the little stinker : ] SO reminds me of something my brothers Ryan or Randy would do haha!




While waiting for the endless paperwork to go through to get take my tests to get my Cosmetology license I've had lots of spare time on my hands! I've discovered how much I love being a home maker! I love to decorate and clean, and cook and making my home feel homey?! I also love to craft! I've started making wreaths, and wall decor, and re-fashioned clothes with Pinterest being my inspiration.

This wall here was just begging for some womanly touch! It's right next to the tv and for the longest time I just didn't know what to do with it! I finally found this awesome vase! You can't tell but the decor on it is green and blue, and I found those peacock feathers and grass to put in it. Brett and I got those shelves at Bed Bath and Beyond, and boy were they a chore to put up haha!



I made these super fun button signs! I saw something similar to this on Pinterest and had to make them! I found some fun paper, glued them to styrofoam boards, and hot glued buttons! My mother in law happened to have a huge tin of buttons! Recently I love anything with buttons and bows!

4 comments:

  1. You guys are too cute! I love how you have decorated the place! So cute! I totally love buttons too, so score on the buttons from your mother-in-law! I am so glad that you finally updated your blog. Way to go Brett, so if he gets a B average, then you are coming to Utah? :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned about the Pathway program last Tuesday night, it's such a cool program!! If Rick gets a job somewhere else I am totally going to finish my degree through them! It's amazing!! Yay for Brett getting an A+ tell him his favorite sis-in-law thinks he's awesome!! Also, I'm in love with your decor and your button pictures are adorable!! You are so cute!! Yay for posting, it's been too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brett and I can finally be friends if he goes to Provo - the end :)

    lbh

    ps
    I love you guys!! Good job on the cooking, cleaning, and crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete